    Can someone help me ?

    Thanks

    , Nov 20, 2006

  2. Evertjan. Guest

    wrote on 20 nov 2006 in

    > I want to load an asp page with a very great variable part (something
    > like save.asp?myvariable=aa...zzzzz
    > I know the length of aa...zzzzz is limited to 255 characters. But I
    > would like to be able to send a request of length, let say of 2500
    > characters.

    Use

    <form method='post'><input name ='myvariable'>...

    and

    request.form("myvariable")

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Nov 20, 2006

    The problem is that my page is sent by a javascript :
    location.replace("save.asp?myvariable=aaaaaaa....zzzz")

    Any idea for this situation ?

    Thanks a lot

    Luc

    (
    Evertjan. a écrit :

    > wrote on 20 nov 2006 in
    >
    > > I want to load an asp page with a very great variable part (something
    > > like save.asp?myvariable=aa...zzzzz
    > > I know the length of aa...zzzzz is limited to 255 characters. But I
    > > would like to be able to send a request of length, let say of 2500
    > > characters.
    > >

    > Use
    >
    > <form method='post'><input name ='myvariable'>...
    >
    > and
    >
    > request.form("myvariable")
    >
    > --
    > Evertjan.
    > The Netherlands.

    , Nov 20, 2006
  4. Tim Slattery Guest

    "" <> wrote:

    >The problem is that my page is sent by a javascript :
    >location.replace("save.asp?myvariable=aaaaaaa....zzzz")
    >
    >Any idea for this situation ?

    Make a hidden form in your page:

    <form id="myform" action="save.asp" method="post">
    <input type="hidden" id="myvariable">
    </form>

    Now, instead of the "location.replace" line you quoted above, use
    these lines:

    document.getElementById("myvariable").value="aaaaaaa.....zzzz";
    document.getElementById("myform").submit();

    --
    Tim Slattery
    MS MVP(DTS)

    Tim Slattery, Nov 20, 2006
  5. Evertjan. Guest

    Tim Slattery wrote on 20 nov 2006 in

    > "" <> wrote:
    >
    >>The problem is that my page is sent by a javascript :
    >>location.replace("save.asp?myvariable=aaaaaaa....zzzz")
    >>
    >>Any idea for this situation ?

    > Make a hidden form in your page:
    >
    > <form id="myform" action="save.asp" method="post">
    > <input type="hidden" id="myvariable">

    <input type="hidden" id="myvariable" name="myvariable">

    Evertjan., Nov 20, 2006
  6. Tim Slattery Guest

    "Evertjan." <> wrote:

    >Tim Slattery wrote on 20 nov 2006 in
    >microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    >
    >> "" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>The problem is that my page is sent by a javascript :
    >>>location.replace("save.asp?myvariable=aaaaaaa....zzzz")
    >>>
    >>>Any idea for this situation ?

    >> Make a hidden form in your page:
    >>
    >> <form id="myform" action="save.asp" method="post">
    >> <input type="hidden" id="myvariable">

    ><input type="hidden" id="myvariable" name="myvariable">

    Right, thanks. The id attribute so the script can access it easily,
    the name attribute so that it will be submitted.

    Tim Slattery, Nov 20, 2006