    Thank you in advance,
    Dan

    www.timing-diagrams.com
    timinganalyzer, Nov 7, 2008

  2. timinganalyzer

    Amal Guest

    Re: request: sample vcd files for TimingAnalyzer

    Does it support verilog1995 VCD? Or Extended VCD format?

    -- Amal

    Amal, Nov 10, 2008

  3. Re: request: sample vcd files for TimingAnalyzer

    On Nov 10, 5:24 pm, Amal <> wrote:
    > Does it support verilog1995 VCD?  Or Extended VCD format?
    >
    > -- Amal
    >
    > On Nov 7, 10:50 am, timinganalyzer <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi All,

    > > A newly added feature of the TimingAnalyzer is the ability to
    > > read .vcd files.  These files can be generated by logic simulators or
    > > tools like Xilinx chipscope, or test equipment like logic analyzers.
    > > So,  you can easily make annotated timing diagrams from simulation or
    > > test equipment outputs.

    > > Would it be possible to email any .vcd files samples that you might
    > > have,  that are not proprietary,  so I can test this feature with .vcd
    > > files from as many sources as possible?

    > > Thank you in advance,
    > > Dan

    > >www.timing-diagrams.com

    Currently, just the vcd format, but I could add the extended vcd
    format if requested.

    Do you know what tools work with the extended format? I have also
    worked with a compressed file format which might of interest to some
    users working with large simulations.

    Thanks, Dan
    timinganalyzer, Nov 11, 2008
  4. timinganalyzer

    HT-Lab Guest

    "timinganalyzer" <> wrote in message
    On Nov 10, 5:24 pm, Amal <> wrote:
    > Does it support verilog1995 VCD? Or Extended VCD format?
    >
    > -- Amal
    >
    > On Nov 7, 10:50 am, timinganalyzer <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi All,

    > > A newly added feature of the TimingAnalyzer is the ability to
    > > read .vcd files. These files can be generated by logic simulators or
    > > tools like Xilinx chipscope, or test equipment like logic analyzers.
    > > So, you can easily make annotated timing diagrams from simulation or
    > > test equipment outputs.

    > > Would it be possible to email any .vcd files samples that you might
    > > have, that are not proprietary, so I can test this feature with .vcd
    > > files from as many sources as possible?

    > > Thank you in advance,
    > > Dan

    > >www.timing-diagrams.com

    >Currently, just the vcd format, but I could add the extended vcd
    >format if requested.
    >
    >Do you know what tools work with the extended format?

    Modelsim is one of them.

    Hans
    www.ht-lab.com

    HT-Lab, Nov 11, 2008
  5. Re: request: sample vcd files for TimingAnalyzer

    On Nov 11, 3:22 am, "HT-Lab" <> wrote:
    > "timinganalyzer" <> wrote in message

    > On Nov 10, 5:24 pm, Amal <> wrote:
    >

    > > Does it support verilog1995 VCD? Or Extended VCD format?

    > > -- Amal

    > > On Nov 7, 10:50 am, timinganalyzer <> wrote:

    > > > Hi All,

    > > > A newly added feature of the TimingAnalyzer is the ability to
    > > > read .vcd files. These files can be generated by logic simulators or
    > > > tools like Xilinx chipscope, or test equipment like logic analyzers.
    > > > So, you can easily make annotated timing diagrams from simulation or
    > > > test equipment outputs.

    > > > Would it be possible to email any .vcd files samples that you might
    > > > have, that are not proprietary, so I can test this feature with .vcd
    > > > files from as many sources as possible?

    > > > Thank you in advance,
    > > > Dan

    > > >www.timing-diagrams.com

    > >Currently,  just the vcd format,  but I could add the extended vcd
    > >format if requested.

    > >Do you know what tools work with the extended format?

    > Modelsim is one of them.
    >
    > Hanswww.ht-lab.com
    >
    > > I have also
    > >worked with a compressed file format which might of interest to some
    > >users working with large simulations.

    > >Thanks,  Dan

    Hi Hans,

    Could you send me examples of vcd and evcd files generated by
    Modelsim?

    Thanks, Dan
    timinganalyzer, Nov 11, 2008