Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_NAME") is only returning IP

E L

We have the Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_NAME") used in a classic ASP
page using IIS 6.

It used to return our website name: www.xxx.name.this when using IIS 5,
now it is returning the IP address when we type the full www. url.

How can I fix this behavior?

Evertjan.

E L wrote on 28 feb 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
We have the Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_NAME") used in a classic ASP
page using IIS 6.

It used to return our website name: www.xxx.name.this when using IIS 5,
now it is returning the IP address when we type the full www. url.

Are you sure?

Both SERVER_NAME and HTTP_HOST return the server URL here under IIS6.

Mark J. McGinty

E L said:
We have the Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_NAME") used in a classic ASP
page using IIS 6.

It used to return our website name: www.xxx.name.this when using IIS 5,
now it is returning the IP address when we type the full www. url.

How can I fix this behavior?

I seem to recall that you only get the DNS name if "host headers" are
defined for the virtual site... so maybe a difference in configuration?

-Mark