request specific holding location....

Nalaka

Hi,
I have some request specific data that gets created in a "early event", that
I need to pass around to many other events.
I need access to this data during that request.
(and more importantly disapears after the request is completed).

But... asp.net "Request" is read only.
Is there a request specific global place, where I can put this data into?

Thanks
Nalaka

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Nalaka,

Welcome to ASPNET newsgroup.
Regarding on the storing request specfic data which can be accessible
throughout the requests' server lifecycle (in all the public request
related events...) question, I think you can consider using the
HttpContext.Current.Items collection... HttpContext.Current represent the
current processing Request's Httpcontext (the associated serverside ASP.NET
worker thread). and the Items collection can help store some request/worker
thread specific datas which can be accessible during the request's
processing pipeline....

Hope helps. Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

--------------------
| From: "Nalaka" <[email protected]>
| Subject: request specific holding location....
| Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 17:39:22 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| Hi,
| I have some request specific data that gets created in a "early event",
that
| I need to pass around to many other events.
| I need access to this data during that request.
| (and more importantly disapears after the request is completed).
|
| But... asp.net "Request" is read only.
| Is there a request specific global place, where I can put this data into?
|

| Thanks
| Nalaka

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hey Nalaka,

Does my suggestion help you a little? If there're anything else we can
help, please feel free to post here.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

--------------------
| From: (e-mail address removed) (Steven Cheng[MSFT])
| Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 03:09:56 GMT
| Subject: RE: request specific holding location....
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| Hi Nalaka,
|
| Welcome to ASPNET newsgroup.
| Regarding on the storing request specfic data which can be accessible
| throughout the requests' server lifecycle (in all the public request
| related events...) question, I think you can consider using the
| HttpContext.Current.Items collection... HttpContext.Current represent
the
| current processing Request's Httpcontext (the associated serverside
ASP.NET
| worker thread). and the Items collection can help store some
request/worker
| thread specific datas which can be accessible during the request's
| processing pipeline....
|
| Hope helps. Thanks,
|
| Steven Cheng
| Microsoft Online Support

| rights.)
|
| --------------------
| | From: "Nalaka" <[email protected]>
| | Subject: request specific holding location....
| | Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 17:39:22 -0800
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
| |
| | Hi,
| | I have some request specific data that gets created in a "early event",
| that
| | I need to pass around to many other events.
| | I need access to this data during that request.
| | (and more importantly disapears after the request is completed).
| |
| | But... asp.net "Request" is read only.
| | Is there a request specific global place, where I can put this data
into?
| |
| |
| | Thanks
| | Nalaka
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |

Nalaka

hi Steven... thanks a lot
this is exactly what I was looking for......

Nalaka

Steven Cheng said:
Hey Nalaka,

Does my suggestion help you a little? If there're anything else we can
help, please feel free to post here.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

--------------------
| From: (e-mail address removed) (Steven Cheng[MSFT])
| Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 03:09:56 GMT
| Subject: RE: request specific holding location....
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| Hi Nalaka,
|
| Welcome to ASPNET newsgroup.
| Regarding on the storing request specfic data which can be accessible
| throughout the requests' server lifecycle (in all the public request
| related events...) question, I think you can consider using the
| HttpContext.Current.Items collection... HttpContext.Current represent
the
| current processing Request's Httpcontext (the associated serverside
ASP.NET
| worker thread). and the Items collection can help store some
request/worker
| thread specific datas which can be accessible during the request's
| processing pipeline....
|
| Hope helps. Thanks,
|
| Steven Cheng
| Microsoft Online Support

| rights.)
|
| --------------------
| | From: "Nalaka" <[email protected]>
| | Subject: request specific holding location....
| | Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 17:39:22 -0800
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
| |
| | Hi,
| | I have some request specific data that gets created in a "early
event",
| that
| | I need to pass around to many other events.
| | I need access to this data during that request.
| | (and more importantly disapears after the request is completed).
| |
| | But... asp.net "Request" is read only.
| | Is there a request specific global place, where I can put this data
into?
| |
| |
| | Thanks
| | Nalaka
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

You're welcome Nalaka,

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

--------------------
| From: "Nalaka" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: request specific holding location....
| Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 09:20:05 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| hi Steven... thanks a lot
| this is exactly what I was looking for......
|
| Nalaka
|

| | > Hey Nalaka,
| >
| > Does my suggestion help you a little? If there're anything else we can
| > help, please feel free to post here.
| >
| > Regards,
| >
| > Steven Cheng
| > Microsoft Online Support

| > rights.)
| >
| > --------------------
| > | From: (e-mail address removed) (Steven Cheng[MSFT])
| > | Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 03:09:56 GMT
| > | Subject: RE: request specific holding location....
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
| > |
| > | Hi Nalaka,
| > |
| > | Welcome to ASPNET newsgroup.
| > | Regarding on the storing request specfic data which can be accessible
| > | throughout the requests' server lifecycle (in all the public request
| > | related events...) question, I think you can consider using the
| > | HttpContext.Current.Items collection... HttpContext.Current
represent
| > the
| > | current processing Request's Httpcontext (the associated serverside
| > ASP.NET
| > | worker thread). and the Items collection can help store some
| > request/worker
| > | thread specific datas which can be accessible during the request's
| > | processing pipeline....
| > |
| > | Hope helps. Thanks,
| > |
| > | Steven Cheng
| > | Microsoft Online Support
| > |
| > | Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
| > | (This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no
| > | rights.)
| > |
| > | --------------------
| > event",