request timed out

Saumin

I have an aspx page, which ususally takes 7-10 mins to execute. So, I
set
executionTimeout=600 under httpRuntime tag in my web.config. But after
3 minutes, it fails with the error message of
"System.Web.HttpException: Request timed out".
The aspx is calling a .NET component which is doing different tasks.

Here is what i have in my web.config.
<system.web>
<httpRuntime executionTimeout="600" maxRequestLength="512000" />
</system.web>

Help needed. Thanks in advance.

Saumin Patel

cbDevelopment

Do you have any COM+ or web services involved? These are other places to
look at timeout values.

(e-mail address removed) (Saumin) wrote in