    Thanks,
    John

    , Dec 1, 2008

  2. In article
    <>,
    wrote:

    [...]
    > I have a somewhat flexible requirement for a request tracking system.
    > Something similar to Bugzilla or Amazon's Where's My Stuff that would
    > be amenable to a web interface. The simpler the better. Any
    > recommendations, success, or horror stories?

    I've had positive experiences using trac with subversion:

    <http://trac.edgewall.org/>
    <http://subversion.tigris.org/>

    --
    John B. Matthews
    trashgod at gmail dot com

    John B. Matthews, Dec 2, 2008

  3. Roedy Green Guest

    On Mon, 1 Dec 2008 11:22:51 -0800 (PST), wrote,

    >I have a somewhat flexible requirement for a request tracking system.
    >Something similar to Bugzilla or Amazon's Where's My Stuff that would
    >be amenable to a web interface. The simpler the better. Any
    >recommendations, success, or horror stories?

    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jira.html
    does what is claims to do.

    However, I worked on a project with it. The boss was so enamoured of
    it I am pretty sure everyone spent more time updating the database
    than doing useful work.

    It really is just a glorified shared to do list.

    I used another system back in the 1970s. It was a running joke,
    because after a while, EVERY task was 95% complete with no new
    progress.
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com

    Roedy Green, Dec 2, 2008
  4. On Dec 1, 2:22 pm, wrote:
    > Hi Everybody,
    >
    > I have a somewhat flexible requirement for a request tracking system.
    > Something similar to Bugzilla or Amazon's Where's My Stuff that would
    > be amenable to a web interface.  The simpler the better.  Any
    > recommendations, success, or horror stories?

    +1 JIRA. I'm so happy with it I went and installed it for my own bug
    tracking (they offer a free personal license). I've also had good luck
    with Trac for simple projects.

    Redmine looks like an interesting Trac replacement, and it's on my
    list of "things to play with": the whole Trac featureset, minus
    plugins, plus some other useful things out of the box.

    Picking a bug or task tracker does mean staring hard at the kinds of
    things you want to track. Trac, Bugzilla, Scarab, et al are heavily
    oriented towards tracking software bugs, so if you're going to be
    tracking individual customer service requests you probably want
    something more like RT (which sucks, but works for that).

    -o

    Owen Jacobson, Dec 2, 2008