Request Validation with WSS Cookies

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Anbu, Dec 26, 2005.

  1. Anbu

    Anbu Guest

    All,

    I'm hosting a web site on Windows 2003 server as default web site. Same
    server is also hosting Windows SharePoint Server 2003 on another port.

    When I access WSS site, it works fine. But while accessing the default
    site from the same browser or without deleting the cookies, it throws
    the following message.

    client input value, and processing of the request has been aborted.
    This value may indicate an attempt to compromise the security of your
    application, such as a cross-site scripting attack. You can disable
    request validation by setting validateRequest=false in the Page
    directive or in the configuration section. However, it is strongly
    recommended that your application explicitly check all inputs in this
    case.

    Exception Details: System.Web.HttpRequestValidationException: A
    potentially dangerous Request.Cookies value was detected from the
    client
    (Microsoft.Sharepoint.AcceptHeaders="...&pps=TRUE&one=FALSE&mpp=FALSE").

    I cannot restrict Sharepoint from using Cookies for it's own purposes.
    Meanwhile I need to store few things like user authentication etc in
    the cookies. Whenever I access the default site, after access the
    sharepoint site, it generates the error.

    How can I avoid?

    TIA.
    Anbu, Dec 26, 2005