    Application runs on Win 2003 Server.
    Thanks,
    Vamsi
    Vamsi, Nov 14, 2003

  2. It's not that you don't have access to the Event Log, but rather that
    you don't have access tot he Registry. The Registry hive for creating
    new Event Sources.

    You have to manually create the Registry keys for the Event Source.
    You can do this by creating a Console App that writes one Log entry to
    the Event Source.

    Hope this helps,

    Randy
    http://www.kbcafe.com