    access don't run and generate the following error: "Requested registry access
    is not allowed."

    Some ideas ?

    =?Utf-8?B?VUsxOTY3?=, Sep 7, 2006

  2. Here some additional informations to understand my problem a little bit better:

    I have a web server (W2K3 without SP 1, IIS, .NET-Framework 1.1) with a
    complex ASP.NET application. Hundreds of user using this service portal to
    changing entries in the AD (on a second server) and regsitry keys (on a
    third, fourth, ... server). I activated the impersonation and changes on AD
    and remote registries works. After the installation of SP1 for W2K3 on my web
    server the changes in AD work, but changes in remote registries didn't work.
    I de-installed SP 1 and all functions works fine, after re-installation of SP
    1 the registry acesses didn't work ("Requested registry access is not
    allowed").

    Now (only for testing) i set permission on the registries of the remote
    servers (not on the web server) as follows:

    \HKLM\Software -> Everyone (Full Control)
    \HKLM\Software -> Domain Users (Full Control)

    But i've got the same error message: "Requested registry access is not
    allowed". I'm member of all local administrator groups of all used servers.
    What's wrong ???

    I don't like to use a embedded (secret) account, because i would like to use
    the real logged user account. So i can check the real permissions of AD and
    registries.

    If i use the ASP.NET application without SP1 for Windows 2003 the registry
    access is successful AND i can see a positiv entry in the "Serurity Event
    Log" on the target server:

    Event ID: 517
    Success Audit (successful)

    If i use the same application with SP1 for Windows 2003 the registry access
    fails AND i can't see a matching entry in the "Security Event Log" on the
    target server. In my opinion it's a indication that the web server blocks the
    registry access and NOT the target server. I think, it's a significant
    information.

    Could somebody helps me ???

    Thanks in advance.

    =?Utf-8?B?VUsxOTY3?=, Sep 11, 2006