'Requested Resource is in Use' error

engwar

I've seen references to this error on-line but the fixes listed haven't
helped me.

I'm getting the error 'The Requested Resource is in Use' when I attempt
to access a classic asp page on IIS on my home machine.

I only get the error when I create a new directory in wwwroot and
designate it as an application. If it's simply a subdirectory of
wwwroot I can access the asp page just fine. Try to set it up as an
application and I get the error.

I am running IIS on XP Home and it's working fine exept for this error.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

What exactly have you tried? One extremely possible cause that remains is
that you're somehow running IIS on XP ~Home~. If you in fact running it on
XP Home, it's a hack, and you should expect the unexpected.

Ray at work

engwar

You are correct that it could very well be that I'm trying to run this
on XP Home. Just trying to get this to work before I spend $140 or so
on Pro just to be able to do some development at home.

I've checked into the ISAPI cache issue noted here

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q182059

I've run the permissions wizard in Internet services manager as
suggested in other posts.

I've gone through the checklist found at this site... no help

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2356

Really at a loss here. I guess it's time to upgrade to Pro.

amirsamdani

Hi there,

I had been through that probem but. After reviewing Event Log I
realized that i need to further check permissions. All you need to do
is:

Open Component Service Manager(From Administrative Tools)->Component
Service->Computer->My Computer->Com+ Application
Select "IIS Out-Of-Process Pooled Applications", Right click and take
properties-> select Idenetity Tab->Select "System Account"( By default
it was "This User")

Regards
Amir Samdani