    application and I get the error.

    I am running IIS on XP Home and it's working fine exept for this error.

    Any ideas are appreciated.
    engwar, Jan 16, 2006

  2. What exactly have you tried? One extremely possible cause that remains is
    that you're somehow running IIS on XP ~Home~. If you in fact running it on
    XP Home, it's a hack, and you should expect the unexpected.

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Jan 17, 2006

  3. engwar

    engwar Guest

    You are correct that it could very well be that I'm trying to run this
    on XP Home. Just trying to get this to work before I spend $140 or so
    on Pro just to be able to do some development at home.

    I've checked into the ISAPI cache issue noted here

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q182059

    I've run the permissions wizard in Internet services manager as
    suggested in other posts.

    I've gone through the checklist found at this site... no help

    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2356

    Really at a loss here. I guess it's time to upgrade to Pro.
    engwar, Jan 18, 2006
  4. engwar

    Guest

    Hi there,

    I had been through that probem but. After reviewing Event Log I
    realized that i need to further check permissions. All you need to do
    is:

    Open Component Service Manager(From Administrative Tools)->Component
    Service->Computer->My Computer->Com+ Application
    Select "IIS Out-Of-Process Pooled Applications", Right click and take
    properties-> select Idenetity Tab->Select "System Account"( By default
    it was "This User")

    Regards
    Amir Samdani
    , Feb 12, 2006