Requested Variable is Empty

Erica

I am trying to display an error if the txtmsg variable is true and the
cellnumber and cellprovider variables are empty. Here is the code that
generates my error:

If request("txtmsg") = "true" then
If request("cellprovider") = "0" or trim(request("cellnumber")) = "" then
response.write("If user wants to be text messaged you must enter a cell
provider and cell number for the user. Click the back button to re-enter.")
end if
end if

--The problem is that the txtmsg variable has no value when I do a
response.write for debugging. Here is the code from the form that passes the
variable:

<input name="txtmsg" type="checkbox" id="txtmsg" value="<%if
request("txtmsg") = "true" then response.write("true") else
response.write("false")%>" <%if Lcase(request.querystring("txtmsg")) = "true"
then response.write("checked")%>>
Yes, I want to recieve a text message on my cell phone when I
recieve a fax.<br>

Erica

I'm sorry, here is the code from that form that posts the txtmsg variable
(see below):

<input name="txtmsg" type="checkbox" id="txtmsg" value="true" <%if
Lcase(request.querystring("txtmsg")) = "true" then
response.write("checked")%>>

Evertjan.

=?Utf-8?B?RXJpY2E=?= wrote on 28 feb 2005 in
I'm sorry, here is the code from that form that posts the txtmsg
variable (see below):

<input name="txtmsg" type="checkbox" id="txtmsg" value="true" <%if
Lcase(request.querystring("txtmsg")) = "true" then
response.write("checked")%>>

[please do not toppost on usenet]

The lcase is not necessary, since it is lowercase anyway.

try this, works fine overhere:

<%
if request.querystring("txtmsg") = "on" then
ch = "checked"
else
ch = ""
end if