    want to make graphs and charts using Flash.
    Thank you

    , May 2, 2005

  2. <> wrote:

    > Can someone please suggest a good book to learn Flash. I know Perl
    > and want to make graphs and charts using Flash.

    No idea. Maybe the folks in macromedia.flash or alt.macromedia.flash
    would have some suggestions. While you're there, why not ask them to
    recommend a good book on Perl? I'm sure they'll appreciate it.

    David K. Wall, May 2, 2005

  3. On 2005-05-02, scribbled these
    curious markings:
    > Can someone please suggest a good book to learn Flash. I know Perl and
    > want to make graphs and charts using Flash.

    Why not use (one of) the fine GD module(s) so that people don't need to
    install a proprietary, platform-specific ugly hack of an extension on
    their computers?

    Further, this is completely off-topic here.

    Best Regards,
    Christopher Nehren
    If you ask the wrong questions, you get answers like "42" and "God".

    Christopher Nehren, May 2, 2005
  4. <> wrote:
    > Can someone please suggest a good book to learn Flash. I know Perl and
    > want to make graphs and charts using Flash.

    Maybe you want to have a look at the Sample Chapter of the Perl Graphics
    Programming book:
    http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/perlgp/chapter/ch09.pdf

    Regards,
    Erich

    Erich Horsten, May 3, 2005

    Re: Requesting FLASH + PERL book

    Thank you very much for the references. I'm looking forward to creating
    line/bar graphs, pie-charts, etc. using Perl. I am considering GD
    module at this time. If there is a good reference to learn GD please
    post it here.

    , May 3, 2005