Requesting tips on Video Conferencing.

selvinmani

Hai everyone,
I am Selvin and I want to create an application that interface a camera
for Video Conferencing. My application will be of Win32 because I heard
that currently Microsoft alone provides support for USB ports. I am a
beginner in Windows Programming. However I have a strong foundation in
C and C++. Please suggest where I should start, what are the tools, and
what are the areas that I should explore. I'll be gratefull to you.

Thank you.

Flash Gordon

Hai everyone,
I am Selvin and I want to create an application that interface a camera
for Video Conferencing.

You can't do it in standard C which is what this group deals with.
> My application will be of Win32 because I heard
that currently Microsoft alone provides support for USB ports.

Where on earth did you here that? USB is supported on MacOS 9 & X (it
must be since the boxes come with USB mice and keyboards), Linux and
probably every other desktop OS.
> I am a
beginner in Windows Programming. However I have a strong foundation in
C and C++. Please suggest where I should start, what are the tools, and
what are the areas that I should explore. I'll be gratefull to you.

I suggest you start with a Windows group if you are doing this in
Windows and see if Windows provides any APIs you can use since standard
C certainly does not.