Requesting XML Navigation Design Help

Guest

Thanks for your time.

I'm interested in building a collapseable/multi-level/Xml based navigation
control from scratch. My goal is something similar to Telerik's rad
menu(http://www.telerik.com/Default.aspx?PageId=1415). I built a control
that conisted of one level, but I'm unsure how to extend beyond the first
level. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm not sure how to
handle looping throught the children, and placing them so that when a user
clicks or mouse overs a parent they are displayed appropriately.

Method I used to build the first:
I created the first control using xml/xsl. On the load of the aspx page,
the xml navigation file was transformed using an xsl document. During the
transformatiom, if the current page was listed in the xml file(required the
passing of a variable to an xsl transformation), a specific style was applied
to reflect the current page with in the menu structure. The xml file
contained Subjects, that contained titles with links. I controled the
display of titles through the use of DIVs with a display property and
javascript. This technique worked great for one level - I'm not sure how to
apply it to a multi level structure.