Require Help Regarding Deployment......

• Thread starter msnews.microsoft.com
  • Start date
M

msnews.microsoft.com

Hi Every Body,

I build an application using vb.net.
Now i m deploying on the client system.
I know that the deployment automatically check the .net framework on the client system at startup.
I include the .net framework in the deployment setup.
I want that if the framework is not installed on the client system then my deployment wizared automatically install the framework which i include in the deployment package.

How can i do this. What are the setttings are needed regarding this.

Regards,

Muhammad Jamil Nawaz

S

Sambathraj

Hi,
VS.Net 2003 deployment package does not have the ability to automatically install the .net framework if not found in the client system.
This is can be achieved using a plug-in which is available at http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/downloads/tools/bootstrapper/.
Thanks.
Sambathraj
Hi Every Body,

I know that the deployment automatically check the .net framework on the client system at startup.
I want that if the framework is not installed on the client system then my deployment wizared automatically install the framework which i include in the deployment package.

Regards,

Muhammad Jamil Nawaz

D

David Young

Deploying the Framework with you're application requires the use of merge modules. Here's a link to some information on that.

http://dotnet.mvps.org/dotnet/faqs/?id=deployframework&lang=en

Dave
Hi Every Body,

Regards,

Muhammad Jamil Nawaz

Ask a Question