Require Help!!!

Talk2Vineet

Dear All,

I am facing a problem while my applet is getting downloaded. My applet
tries to cache few jars on the client home directory and all jars
don't get cached. I have checked it and this is one jar which is
creating problem. I have chcked this on two machines with same IE and
JRE version, on one of them its woroking while on other it gets struck
on the same jar and my application is halted. I opened java console
and try to find out the memory. The one on which its not working shows
very little memory while on both the machines my RAM is same. I tried
to increase the applet memory by modifying java plug in properties but
with no luck.

Request you all to please help me out in this.
If required I can send the java console output.

Thanks in advance,
Vineet

Daniel Pitts

Dear All,

I am facing a problem while my applet is getting downloaded. My applet
tries to cache few jars on the client home directory and all jars
don't get cached. I have checked it and this is one jar which is
creating problem. I have chcked this on two machines with same IE and
JRE version, on one of them its woroking while on other it gets struck
on the same jar and my application is halted. I opened java console
and try to find out the memory. The one on which its not working shows
very little memory while on both the machines my RAM is same. I tried
to increase the applet memory by modifying java plug in properties but
with no luck.

Request you all to please help me out in this.
If required I can send the java console output.

Thanks in advance,
Vineet

Request denied.

First, if you post in this group, its more than obvious you're
requesting help. It is a bit presumptuous of you to say things like
"Request you all to please help me out in this." and "Thanks in
advance"

Second, you might be better off posting the snippet of your applet or
embed tag, so that we can see what you're trying to do.

Third, you might describe the process, or show the code, of how you're
trying to "cache" jars on a client machine. Generally, this is a task
best left to the web browser (have you tried this on firefox at all?)
You might have a good reason to add aditional caching, but don't do it
"just because".

Andrew Thompson

I am facing a problem while my applet is getting downloaded. My applet
tries to cache few jars on the client home directory and all jars
don't get cached.

Use web start and the cahcing is much simpler and
more controllable.

E.G. of an applet launche using web start..
<http://www.physci.org/jws/#jtest>

E.G. of web start lazy downloads..
<http://www.physci.org/jws/#ds>

--