    Thanks in advance,
    Vineet

    , Apr 27, 2007

  2. Daniel Pitts Guest

    On Apr 27, 7:46 am, wrote:
    > Dear All,
    >
    > I am facing a problem while my applet is getting downloaded. My applet
    > tries to cache few jars on the client home directory and all jars
    > don't get cached. I have checked it and this is one jar which is
    > creating problem. I have chcked this on two machines with same IE and
    > JRE version, on one of them its woroking while on other it gets struck
    > on the same jar and my application is halted. I opened java console
    > and try to find out the memory. The one on which its not working shows
    > very little memory while on both the machines my RAM is same. I tried
    > to increase the applet memory by modifying java plug in properties but
    > with no luck.
    >
    > Request you all to please help me out in this.
    > If required I can send the java console output.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Vineet

    Request denied.

    First, if you post in this group, its more than obvious you're
    requesting help. It is a bit presumptuous of you to say things like
    "Request you all to please help me out in this." and "Thanks in
    advance"

    Second, you might be better off posting the snippet of your applet or
    embed tag, so that we can see what you're trying to do.

    Third, you might describe the process, or show the code, of how you're
    trying to "cache" jars on a client machine. Generally, this is a task
    best left to the web browser (have you tried this on firefox at all?)
    You might have a good reason to add aditional caching, but don't do it
    "just because".

    Daniel Pitts, Apr 27, 2007

  3. wrote:
    ..
    >I am facing a problem while my applet is getting downloaded. My applet
    >tries to cache few jars on the client home directory and all jars
    >don't get cached.

    Use web start and the cahcing is much simpler and
    more controllable.

    E.G. of an applet launche using web start..
    <http://www.physci.org/jws/#jtest>

    E.G. of web start lazy downloads..
    <http://www.physci.org/jws/#ds>

    --