    on apllication servers (Tomcat/JBoss/WebLogic/others) that will help us
    achieve this functionality ?

    -Megha Vishwanath

    Megha Vishwanath, Apr 8, 2004

  2. "Megha Vishwanath" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > We are running a Servlet-JSP based Server for a Client-Server application
    > currently using Apache-Tomcat.
    >
    > Problem Definition-
    > Tomcat, inherently providing us with load balanced clustering, does not
    > allow complete loading of the first instance of a server in the cluster.
    >
    > We need any single instance of a server in a clustered environment to

    reach
    > it's complete load before we switch to another instance. The second
    > instance of the server should only come in to use during failover .
    >
    > Can you lead us to some links on any kind of documentation or downloads
    > on apllication servers (Tomcat/JBoss/WebLogic/others) that will help us
    > achieve this functionality ?

    Try using Apache web-server with mod_jk (or mod_jk2) as load-balancer in
    front of your Tomcat cluster.
    In the mod_jk(2) configuration you can specify a load-factor (would be 99%
    or something like that for your first Tomcat instance).
    Dont forget to set the jvmRoute correctly in Tomcat/mod_jk configuration to
    have sticky http sessions.

    Documentation: http://jakarta.apache.org and then the mod_jk(2) things

    > -Megha Vishwanath

    Clemens Martin