    a selection on. How would I go about doing this?

    Thanks,
    Ron
    Ron, Jul 18, 2003

  2. Ron

    brucie Guest

    In post <Rx_Ra.85067$>
    Ron said...

    > I have a form with a drop-down list I would like to require the user to make
    > a selection on. How would I go about doing this?

    your server side script to process the form goodies should check to
    ensure any required stuff is there and in the format you want. if not
    send a message back to the visitor asking them to do it again.

    --
    brucie a. blackford. 19/July/2003 08:33:59 am kilo.
    http://loser.brucies.com/
    brucie, Jul 18, 2003

  3. Ron wrote:
    > I have a form with a drop-down list I would like to require the user
    > to make a selection on. How would I go about doing this?

    ask them nicely
    offer an inducement
    threaten physical violence

    --
    William Tasso - http://www.WilliamTasso.com
    William Tasso, Jul 19, 2003
  4. brucie wrote:

    > In post <Rx_Ra.85067$>
    > Ron said...
    >
    >> I have a form with a drop-down list I would like to require the
    >> user to make a selection on. How would I go about doing this?

    > your server side script to process the form goodies should check
    > to ensure any required stuff is there and in the format you want.
    > if not send a message back to the visitor asking them to do it
    > again.

    And perhaps you should also do some client side scripting
    (JavaScript) to check the form when submitting - if the input is
    invalid, prevent the form from being submitted and place a warning
    (but go easy on the alert boxes, they're usually more frustrating
    than helpful).

    Needless to say, you shouldn't rely on client side scripting alone,
    since users may disable it or not support it at all.

    --
    Anders Thorsen Holm | http://www.daimi.au.dk/~zoolook/
    "It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated
    Anders Thorsen Holm, Jul 19, 2003