Required Field Validator question

Skeptical

Hello,

I have a form and two buttons on it. Button1 submits the data to a database
and RequiredFieldValidator is used to make sure all the required fields are
filled up, the second button has a completely different task it basically
turns on another panel and displays some data. The problem is each time
Button2 is pressed required field validator wants the required fields to be
filled up.

The question is:

Is there a way to tell the required field validator that it only needs to
validate the form when the Button1 is pressed?

Thanks,