    Any help is appreciated?

    Thanks,
    Brent
    Brent Burkart, Dec 9, 2003

  2. Brent Burkart

    Suresh Guest

    Set "CausesValidation" property of the button which opens
    the window to "False".

    Validators. However, I have a
    >button which displays a popup with some information. I

    want this button to
    >be able to work without having the Required Field

    Validators fire. I can't
    >figure out how to do that. Is there a better way of

    validating the info

    Suresh, Dec 9, 2003

  3. When I set "CausesValidation" to true, it takes on the action of my form
    submit button. I have it wired to open up a popup rather than continueing
    to process. But it acts like my other button.

    Thanks for your help.

    Brent Burkart, Dec 9, 2003
  4. I have found the problem, but I don't know how to fix it. It seems as if
    all my buttons are submitting my form rather than performing the events they
    are wired up to do. Does anyone know why this might be possible?

    Thanks

    Brent Burkart, Dec 9, 2003
  5. Brent Burkart

    Scott M. Guest

    Are we talking about Web Form buttons? If so, then they must submit the
    form to the server and then create a new instance of the page at the server
    before they can execute their server-side events.

    The page class's lifecycle looks like this:

    Non PostBack:

    New
    Init
    Load
    SaveViewState
    Unload

    PostBack:

    New
    Init
    LoadViewState
    Load
    User's Control Events
    SaveViewState
    Unload

    Scott M., Dec 10, 2003
  6. Brent Burkart

    Suresh Guest

    Sorry this message had moved to the 2nd page on the web
    message board so the late reply.

    But Scott is right. If all you want this button to do is
    to open up a popup window then you are better off using a
    client side html input type button.

    message

    Suresh, Dec 10, 2003