Required & Optional software and utilities for creating html, Javascript etc

Sean

I have just started learning html, webdesign etc at TAFE.

I would like to know what software and utilities to use.

Freeware & shareware (preferable freeware)

HTML Validators.
Java script editors.
Notepad replacements.
XML Editors.
PDF creation (including locking documents)
Text only browser for Windows XP.
Other good browsers.
Tutorials, useful websites with resources,
Other useful software.

Regards

Sean

Toby A Inkster

Sean said:
HTML Validators.

Tidy? Otherwise just use the w3.org validator online.
Java script editors.
Notepad replacements.
XML Editors.

All the above: nedit.
PDF creation (including locking documents)

OpenOffice.org or Ghostscript.
Text only browser for Windows XP.
Lynx.

Other good browsers.

Opera, Mozilla, Konqueror, Netscape 4.
Tutorials, useful websites with resources,
Other useful software.

Download and install Opera and then visit:
http://www.goddamn.co.uk/tobyink/?page=10

Spartanicus

Toby A Inkster said:
"tidy -e" mainly just sticks to validation.

It's a linter, *not* a validator (unless something radically changed
since the last time I looked at it ). And the last time I checked tidy
insisted on removing valid code that it didn't like with no option to
prevent that from happening.