    getcustomer button but not for getnextleadbutton.
    can anyone tell me how to do this?

    venky

    venky, Jan 26, 2005

  2. venky

    Marina Guest

    I don't think you can do that. You have to get a custom validator and write
    your own client side function to figure this out.

    Marina, Jan 26, 2005

  3. how to use custom validator?
    any sample codes?

    venkat chellam, Jan 26, 2005
  4. venky

    Peter Blum Guest

    ASP.NET 2.0 will offer a solution called Validation Groups. It lets you
    assign a group name to the submit button and the validators it fires. Since
    ASP.NET 2.0 is not ready yet, here are your choices:

    1. Use server-side only validation on submit like this:
    - Set CausesValidation=false
    - In the submit button's Click method, call Validate() on each validator
    that should be fired. Then test the IsValid property on each validator. If
    all are true, save.

    2. Use a third party validation system that already has validation groups. I
    wrote one: Professional Validation And More
    (http://www.peterblum.com/vam/home.aspx). My efforts go far beyond
    validation groups because Microsoft's validators have so many limitations
    and don't address common requests, like setting the background color of the
    field with the error or client-side validation on Mozilla-based browsers.

    --- Peter Blum
    www.PeterBlum.com
    Email:

    Peter Blum, Jan 27, 2005
  5. Thank you very much peter, i will look into it

    venkat chellam, Jan 27, 2005