    Hi all,

    Just wondering if I need java sdk as well to run java programs?

    Cheers!

    James, Jun 23, 2005

  2. James

    John Currier Guest

    Nope, just a runtime (a.k.a JRE - Java Runtime Environment).

    An SDK is usually only required if you want to do development.

    John
    http://schemaspy.sourceforge.net

    John Currier, Jun 23, 2005

  3. James

    jack Guest

    No, all you need is the JRE. The SDK is only needed for development.

    jack, Jun 23, 2005
  4. James

    jack Guest

    cool, we replied at the same time

    jack, Jun 23, 2005
  5. James

    John Currier Guest

    If only I hadn't looked it over before hitting submit... ;)

    John Currier, Jun 23, 2005
  6. James wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Just wondering if I need java sdk as well to run java programs?
    >
    > Cheers!

    The short answer is no. The long answer is it depends. If the
    particular application is a J2EE web container, then you will need a JDK
    as well.

    Ray

    --
    XML is the programmer's duct tape.