Requiring SSL

UJ

I have a web site that currently runs both non-SSL and SSL. when you type in
the web address without specifying the http or https (for example if you
entered www.fred.com) it comes up in the non-SSL mode. We want it to default
to the SSL. How can I go about doing this so that it will automatically
redirect to the secure site.

Ideally we'd also like it if somebody put in http://www.fred.com it would
automatically go to https://www.fred.com

TIA - Jeff.

Patrice

You could test this in beginrequest and redirect as needed from there...

Later we'll likely totally disable http and we'll redirect to the site root
from the corresponding error page...

Guest

You have a couple choices.
You can detect non-ssl and put in a redirector.
You could shut off non-ssl and force the users to put in the https://

You can do the first option a couple ways, an easy one being that your
default page has a simple check on it and a redirector (or even just a
redirector) to the https:// site.

UJ

Thanks Curt.

Can I redirect without the domain name? I would like to do that for testing
purposes.

So can I do something like server.transfer("https:login.aspx")
assuming login.aspx is in the root. Or can I figure out what the domain is
that they entered and then use that?

TIA - Jeff.