    U can send the code to my mail address: .

    PLS PLS PLS.. any body help me out.. asap

    Thanks..
    Abhishek, May 6, 2009

  2. Abhishek wrote:

    > I am working on a project entitled High speed filter design.
    > For the design i have to use the add and shift method. Working over
    > it, got stuck,
    > If anybody can gimme the code for the filter design using add and
    > shift method, it would be of immense help...
    > U can send the code to my mail address: .
    >
    > PLS PLS PLS.. any body help me out.. asap

    I would drop the class.
    It doesn't sound very interesting.

    -- Mike Treseler
    Mike Treseler, May 6, 2009

  3. Abhishek

    Guest

    On May 6, 5:58 pm, Mike Treseler <> wrote:
    > Abhishek wrote:
    > > I am working on a project entitled High speed filter design.
    > > For the design i have to use the add and shift method. Working over
    > > it, got stuck,
    > > If anybody can gimme the code for the filter design using add and
    > > shift method, it would be of immense help...
    > > U can send the code to my mail address: .

    > > PLS PLS PLS.. any body help me out.. asap

    > I would drop the class.
    > It doesn't sound very interesting.
    >
    >     -- Mike Treseler

    Add and shift what? You can use add and shift to implement a
    multiplier, if your synthesizer won't do it for you. For example, a
    FIR filter with a coefficient of 17 needs an x17 multiplier in it. You
    can implement that by shift and add: k*17 = k*16+k = (k<<4)+k. True
    horror story: I once saw a guy fill up something like 114 hard
    multipliers, in DSP slices, in a V4FX60 in order to multiply numbers
    by 5 and 20.

    If you're talking about adding shifted data, and how it affects
    frequency response, you need to reread the math stuff - it's kind of
    important that you understand what's happening in order to do a
    sensible implementation.

    - Kenn
    , May 7, 2009
  4. On 2009-05-06, Abhishek <> wrote:
    > If anybody can gimme the code for the filter design using add and
    > shift method, it would be of immense help...
    > U can send the code to my mail address: .
    >
    > PLS PLS PLS.. any body help me out.. asap

    Hi.

    normally I'm sure that many people would jump on the chance to do your
    homework for you. I simply don't understand why you haven't received
    a solution yet. Perhaps everyone in the group is simply busy researching
    the ultimate shift and add based filters for your perusal.

    Why don't you read the following related documents while waiting for
    the group to finish your homework? I'm sure they are going to be very
    interesting for you:

    METHOD AND APPARATUS FOR IMPLEMENTING A DIGITAL FILTER EMPLOYING
    COEFFICIENTS EXPRESSED AS SUMS OF 2 TO AN INTEGER POWER
    http://www.google.com/patents?id=KZEiAAAAEBAJ

    SHIFT AND ADD DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSOR
    http://www.google.com/patents?id=Q3goAAAAEBAJ

    DIGITAL FIR FILTERS WITH ENHANCED TAP WEIGHT RESOLUTION
    http://www.google.com/patents?id=hhM9AAAAEBAJ

    HTH, HAND
    /Andreas
    Andreas Ehliar, May 7, 2009
  5. Abhishek wrote:

    > I am working on a project entitled High speed filter design.
    > For the design i have to use the add and shift method.

    Andreas has your solution.
    Tell the Prof that the 'shift and add method'
    has been patented, and you must consult
    with your attorney before proceeding ;)

    -- Mike Treseler
    Mike Treseler, May 7, 2009