RES: Bare-bones Ruby

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Leiradella, Andre V Matos Da Cunha, Dec 28, 2004.

  1. > Not clear what you mean by "modules", most modules dont have to be built,
    so
    > if you dont want them just delete the "lib" directory.

    There are a lot of names for that, modules, extensions, libraries, external
    libraries. I was referring to all extensions to the core language, like IO,
    network etc. I don't need anything besides the core language, the scripts
    will run in a controlled environment and can't be able to load external
    scripts or make network connections.

    Fancy extensions like Complex numbers (just an example, I'm not sure Ruby
    has a class for that) are not wanted also, I want to have the executable as
    small as possible.

    Regards,

    Andre de Leiradella

    Leiradella, Andre V Matos Da Cunha, Dec 28, 2004