reserve method of vector

George2

Hello everyone,

I read MSDN document about reserve method of vector, but I can not
find answers to the following 2 questions after reading it,

1. if we reserve 10,000 size, will the memory actually be occupied
10,000 size (like committed memory of Windows Virtual Memory
management) or the memory will just be reserved for future use (like
reserved memory of Windows Virtual Memory management);

2. Will reserve method of vector improve performance? If yes, could
anyone share some experiences please?

If reserve method has any additional benefits beyond performance,
please also let me know. :)

thanks in advance,
George

Philip Potter

George2 said:
Hello everyone,

I read MSDN document about reserve method of vector, but I can not
find answers to the following 2 questions after reading it,

1. if we reserve 10,000 size, will the memory actually be occupied
10,000 size (like committed memory of Windows Virtual Memory
management) or the memory will just be reserved for future use (like
reserved memory of Windows Virtual Memory management);

2. Will reserve method of vector improve performance? If yes, could
anyone share some experiences please?

If reserve method has any additional benefits beyond performance,
please also let me know. :)

That's not C. Try comp.lang.c++.