    expected behaviour, or should it be possible to use 'text' as an elemant
    name?

    Regards, Miel.

    Miel Bronneberg, Nov 26, 2004

  2. Miel Bronneberg wrote:

    > My xquery parser doesn't like 'text' when it appears as an element name,
    > e.g. "for $text in $card/text". I think it expects 'text' to be a
    > function, because it doesn't complain about "$card/text()". Is this
    > expected behaviour, or should it be possible to use 'text' as an elemant
    > name?

    I am not familiar enough with the XQuery syntax specification to give an
    answer to that but when I use Saxon 8.1.1 to run the following query

    return for $text in $xml//text return $text

    it runs it without problems so at least the XQuery parser in Saxon can
    deal with 'text' as an element name in a path expression.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, Nov 26, 2004