    Is it possible to do the same with a RESET button?

    Thanks in advance,

    Reiner
    Reiner Wagner, Jul 6, 2005

  2. "Reiner Wagner" <> wrote:

    > it's possible to make the SUBMIT button as an image

    Not really. It is possible to create a _substitute_ for a SUBMIT button
    using <input type="image" ...>. It works in a different, and generally
    inferior way, but it may mostly accomplish the same basic thing.

    > I have simply to said <type = image src="...."> in a form, and it
    > works as a SUBMIT button.

    No you haven't (you used <input ...>), and no it doesn't work as SUBMIT
    button, though it acts as a button that submits the form.

    > Is it possible to do the same with a RESET button?

    The short answer is that RESET buttons are destructive and should not
    be used, except in situations where destruction of user input is really
    desirable, and then you don't want to use an image. The long answer is
    at http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/imagereset.html

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Jul 6, 2005

  3. Leif K-Brooks, Jul 6, 2005
  4. Reiner Wagner

    Vladdy Guest

    Reiner Wagner wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > it's possible to make the SUBMIT button as an image
    >
    > I have simply to said <type = image src="...."> in a form, and it works as a
    > SUBMIT button.
    >
    > Is it possible to do the same with a RESET button?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Reiner

    Separate content from presentation:
    http://www.vladdy.net/demos/submitstyling.html