Reset the IE authentication state

Uwe Braunholz

Hello,

as you can read here [1], Internet Explorer remembers the
authentication state for sites.
I want to use mixed authentication on my site, so the user gets
redirected to a page running with Windows authentication only. There
it gets the credentials. On all the other pages, these credentials are
checked by my own routines based on my own user data store.

The problem is, that Internet Explorer remembers to authenticate with
Windows authentication. For that it wats to send two requests to the
IIS. The first without any post-data. But if there is no winauth
anymore, the first request gets processed as if it would be a valid
request. No forms can be submited with this behavior.

How can I make Internet Explorer forget to use windows authentication?
I want to do this serverside, because I don't want to set any client
registry settings.

I hope someone can help me on that!

Thank you!

Regards,