Reset the IE authentication state

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Uwe Braunholz, Jan 21, 2008.

  1. Hello,

    as you can read here [1], Internet Explorer remembers the
    authentication state for sites.
    I want to use mixed authentication on my site, so the user gets
    redirected to a page running with Windows authentication only. There
    it gets the credentials. On all the other pages, these credentials are
    checked by my own routines based on my own user data store.

    The problem is, that Internet Explorer remembers to authenticate with
    Windows authentication. For that it wats to send two requests to the
    IIS. The first without any post-data. But if there is no winauth
    anymore, the first request gets processed as if it would be a valid
    request. No forms can be submited with this behavior.

    How can I make Internet Explorer forget to use windows authentication?
    I want to do this serverside, because I don't want to set any client
    registry settings.

    I hope someone can help me on that!

    Thank you!

    Regards,