ResetPassword Requiring passwordAnswer

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Vernon Peppers, Apr 1, 2008.

  1. I have a site that is using membership as provided with ASP.NET. I have a
    page to reset the password, that is only available to the site administrator.
    I have RequireQuestionandAnswer set to false.

    web.config entries
    <connectionStrings>
    <add name="UserInfoConnectionString" connectionString="Data
    Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\ASPNETDB.MDF;Integrated
    Security=True;User Instance=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>
    <add name="ASPNETDBConnectionString" connectionString="Data
    Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\ASPNETDB.MDF;Integrated
    Security=True;User Instance=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>
    </connectionStrings>

    <membership userIsOnlineTimeWindow="20">
    <providers>
    <add connectionStringName="UserInfoConnectionString"
    enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true"
    requiresUniqueEmail="false" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false"
    maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5" passwordFormat="Hashed" applicationName="/"
    name="SQLProvider" type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider"/>
    </providers>
    </membership>

    VB Code
    labelReset.Text = "Password for " & ddUsers.Text & vbCrLf & "has been
    changed to " & User.ResetPassword()

    Whenever I run the site, and try to reset a password, I get an error that
    the passwordAnswer can't be null. How do I fix this?
    Vernon Peppers, Apr 1, 2008

  2. Hi vpeppers,

    Regarding on this issue, I've found your another cross thread in the same
    newsgroup. I've replied you there and provide some suggestion. Welcome to
    continue followup there if you have any further questions.

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    .