Resetting a FileUpload field?

Sergio Juan

Hi.

I'm having trouble with Mozilla 1.3.1 on Solaris. I have a web page where
some <table> elements with absolute positioning appear or disappear as popup
boxes. It works fine, except for one of this that holds a FileUpload field.
It appears (and if we submit the form, does it right) but if we try to hide
it again, the entire Mozilla crashes. One of our first approachs is to
change the behaviour so we always send the file, but setting it to "" if the
button pressed is the one to hide the window. I know I can't set an
arbitrary value to the FileUpload due to security restrictions, but I was
wondering if there is any way to just clean it.
ITOH, I will also thank any other idea on how work on this problem.

Thanks in advance. Sergio.