Resin Error: Init

Marissa

Hello,

I am fairly new to the Java web development world, and wanted to see
if anyone knew what this particular error I am getting is. I am using
resin 2.1.8 and JSP on the front end. Each JSP page calls content
from an Oracle DB. When I navigate through the site I get the an
error like the following in my error log:

[2003/10/14 14:29:12] _site._table__jsp: init

Where site is my sub folder and table.jsp is my jsp file. This seems
to be happening on most, but not all of the pages.

I have done searches on this but haven't been able to figure out what
is causing the error. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Marissa

Bjorn Abelli

When I navigate through the site I get the an
error like the following in my error log:

[2003/10/14 14:29:12] _site._table__jsp: init

It's not an error.

The first time a JSP-page is called it's first converted to a servlet, which
then is compiled and initialized (the init() method in the servlet is run).

These actions causes messages to be written to the log.

If you after that stop and restart Resin, the servlet is already compiled,
but it still has to be initialized again when it's called for the first time
after Resin's been restarted.

Hence the messages in your log.

// Bjorn A

Marissa

Bjorn Abelli said:
When I navigate through the site I get the an
error like the following in my error log:

[2003/10/14 14:29:12] _site._table__jsp: init

It's not an error.

The first time a JSP-page is called it's first converted to a servlet, which
then is compiled and initialized (the init() method in the servlet is run).

These actions causes messages to be written to the log.

If you after that stop and restart Resin, the servlet is already compiled,
but it still has to be initialized again when it's called for the first time
after Resin's been restarted.

Hence the messages in your log.

// Bjorn A

Thanks so much for the explanation Bjorn!