Resize an Image without PIL

querypk

Hi I would like to know how to resize an Image without using python
Imaging library.

Larry Bates

PIL is the best way. Or you can call some external program to
do it (using os.system).

Larry Bates

James Carroll

Or if you're using wxPython, wx.Image can load, rescale and save.
There's also a Python wrapper for imageMagick, which will do just
about anything to medium-small files.

One way or another you'll need to incorporate (depend on) something
that can decode the various image file formats that you need, and
something that will resample /resize the image.

What's the reason to not use PIL? What libraries are you using?

-Jim

Bengt Richter

Hi I would like to know how to resize an Image without using python
Imaging library.
You don't say how your image is represented, nor whether you require
the same representation on both ends of the transformation. You don't
say anything about the size proportions, e.g., 2:1 vs 2:1.5 etc., nor
how you expect pixel interpolation/resampling to be done, not the context
in which your resizing is supposed to happen, or even a hint about your
paltform, or what kind of advice you might understand or want, or why.
In short, you're depending too much on mind reading ;-)

Regards,
Bengt Richter