    Many pictures have 500 Ko and this is very loud to display.

    Thanks

    , Aug 19, 2004

  2. There are several ways to reduce the file size:

    1. Reduce the dimensions of the image (e.g. from 500X500 pixels to 250X250
    pixels).
    2. Use a JPG, and set the compression of the JPG.
    3. Use a GIF, and use a small pallettte.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    Kevin Spencer, Aug 19, 2004

  3. George Guest

    Most browsers support ZIP encoding.
    You can download SharpZipLib to zip it up http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SharpZipLib/Default.aspx

    The only problem is if you keep pictures in GIF, JPEG format then you will not gain anything since those formats are already implement compressions.

    George

    George, Aug 19, 2004