resize window with XP does not work correctly..

SPG

Hi,

We have a standard bit of code that resizes a window to the size of a table
and the header gif.

It works fine, until we go to XP, when we suddenly have horrid thick borders
for the window, and the screen size seems to be from the outside edge of the
window - hence the screen is resized about 5 points each way too small.

To get the height of a table, we use:

table.offsetHeight
and the height of a window:

window.screen.availHeight

Any ideas for an easy solution? I don't want to simply add n points to
whatever size we use as this will break the other versions of Windows. Is
there a way of getting the client area of a window? (Like in VB?)

Steve

Martin Honnen

SPG wrote:

and the height of a window:

window.screen.availHeight

That doesn't give the height of a window at all but the height of the
screen minus the height of the taskbar (at least on Win).

SPG

Oops.. yeah, sorry.

Either way, I am setting the window size tot he width and height of the
table and the image combined, in normal win it works fine, but in XP the
extra border width of the window is causing a sizing problem..