resizing iframe

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Paul Fi, Nov 17, 2004.

  1. Paul Fi

    Paul Fi Guest

    I have this problem with iframes:

    i want to resize iframe's height when the window inside the frame is
    resized or when the src attribute of iframe changes so make the height
    of iframe equal to the size window's body scrollHeight so that way i
    dont need any scrolls for my iframe but the let page containing the
    iframe do the scrolling for the iframe

    so how can i make that happen, is one of the iframe events does detect
    any changes to the contents inside it or when scr of the frame changes?

    or is there an alternative?

    Paul Fi, Nov 17, 2004

  2. See if there is something useful for you in my case.

    On one of my pages, I have an iframe in a table cell. The table has 2 rows.
    The top contains a header. The bottom row contains the iframe. The height of
    the table is calculated automatically based on the content of some other
    cells. Now I want the iframe to resize to fill up tho whole height of the
    containing cell. Given the iframe id is frameX, the table id is tableX and
    the top row id is trTop, I use the folowing line in the body onload event:

    document.getElementById('frmX').height=document.getElementById('tableX').off
    setHeight-document.getElementById('trTop').offsetHeight;

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Nov 17, 2004