Resolution in IE web page

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by francan00@yahoo.com, Jan 29, 2008.

  1. Guest

    I am trying to create a page where it will look the same if the screen
    is resolution 1024 x 768 or if the screen is resolution 800 x 600.

    The below finds the resolution but the page looks different depending
    on the resolution. Please advise how I can make a web page look the
    same no matter what the resolution?

    Code:
    <script>
    if ((screen.width>=1024) && (screen.height>=768))
    {
    divWidth = 1024;
    divHeight = 768 ;
    document.write("high res 1024");
    }
    else
    {
    divWidth = 1024;
    divHeight = 768 ;
    document.write("low res 800");
    }
    </script>
    </head>

    long scroll test where the page will scroll different width depending
    on resolution.....
    on resolution. I want it to be the same if either resolution is used.
    , Jan 29, 2008