RESOLVED broke IDLE while defining a key-binding scheme

Brian van den Broek

Brian van den Broek said unto the world upon 2005-02-04 22:21:
Hi all,

IDLE refuses to launch, and I believe it is because I attempted to
define a custom key-binding that it doesn't like.

shortcuts, etc.) by clicking on it. Nothing. Ran idle.py instead
> <of idle.pyw>. The DOS-console this brings up displays:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\PYTHON24\lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py", line 1299, in event_add
self.tk.call(args)
_tkinter.TclError: bad event type or keysym "tab"
<SNIP>

For future googler's and to stave off any unnecessary replies, on a
different thread about IDLE problems <http://tinyurl.com/4bl45> Peter
Otten posted the information that allowed me to resolve this. (It was
a matter of finding the custom key-binding that I'd defined which made
IDLE choke and removing it.)

So, thanks Peter!

Best to all,

Brian vdB