Resolved Signals

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Dominik_Fr=F6hlich?=

Hi there,

is anybody aware of a way to model a wired-or signal resolution function
which can be synthesized with XST? As far as I know XST does not
support user-defined resolution functions, however I need a wired-or
functionality in my design.

Regards

Dominik

Tim Hubberstey

Dominik said:
Hi there,

is anybody aware of a way to model a wired-or signal resolution function
which can be synthesized with XST? As far as I know XST does not
support user-defined resolution functions, however I need a wired-or
functionality in my design.

First, it is irrelevant whether or not your synthesizer supports
something if the target technology doesn't support it. As far as I know,
no Xilinx part supports wire-or as an internal function. However, I
don't use this kind of logic internal to a chip so I've never researched
it thoroughly.

You can get the equivalent of wire-or on external pins by using tristate
drivers with a pull-down resistor on one of the pins and only enabling
the driver when driving a '1';

wire_or_out_pin <= '1' when wire_or_out = '1' else 'Z';