    but than says "can't find resolver smthn...".

    What should I do? Please help!

    Thank you.
    jozo, May 16, 2004

  2. jozo wrote:
    > I have made my own type and defined a signal of my tipe:
    >
    > type my_type is (zero, first, sec, third, fourth);
    > SIGNAL floor : my_type;
    >
    > and when I Save and check..., I get the message that says:
    > floor is multiply driven (or smthn like that).

    Your write to signal floor from multiplie processes - e.g.:

    process(...)
    begin
    if rising_edge(...) then
    floor<= ....
    end if;
    end process;

    floor<= ....

    process(....)
    begin
    if (...) then
    floor<=...
    end if;
    end process;

    Don't do this (except you want to design a tri-state multiplexer). Write
    to a signal only from one process.

    Ralf
    Ralf Hildebrandt, May 16, 2004