Resolving character references with C++ Arabica-MSXML

Olav

I have an element that looks like this:

<PhoneNumber>&lt;NUMBER&gt;</PhoneNumber>

I would like to have the content returned as "<NUMBER>".

Not only don't I get the character references resolved, but also what is
only one Text-node child of the element-node becomes several nodes (When I
have character references)

When googeling I see posts describing the opposite problem... Is it a
question about parser-options.

On the DOM-side, this is C++ with Arabica wrapping MSXML, it doesn't seem to
have the "GetData", of the Java oriented DOM, Xerces seems to have something
like GetTextValue which I don't seem to have. ...IS it just a feature
missing in Arabica, or should I do it some other way?

Can I solve it by diving down to MSXML?

Thanks

Olav

Thanks

Olav

Martin Honnen

Olav said:
I have an element that looks like this:

<PhoneNumber>&lt;NUMBER&gt;</PhoneNumber>

I would like to have the content returned as "<NUMBER>".

Not only don't I get the character references resolved, but also what is
only one Text-node child of the element-node becomes several nodes (When I
have character references)

When googeling I see posts describing the opposite problem... Is it a
question about parser-options.

On the DOM-side, this is C++ with Arabica wrapping MSXML, it doesn't seem to
have the "GetData", of the Java oriented DOM, Xerces seems to have something
like GetTextValue which I don't seem to have. ...IS it just a feature
missing in Arabica, or should I do it some other way?

Can I solve it by diving down to MSXML?

MSXML has a property named text for element nodes that should give you
the text you are looking for.