Resolving character references with C++ Arabica-MSXML

Discussion in 'XML' started by Olav, Aug 11, 2004.

  1. Olav

    Olav Guest

    I have an element that looks like this:

    <PhoneNumber>&lt;NUMBER&gt;</PhoneNumber>

    I would like to have the content returned as "<NUMBER>".

    Not only don't I get the character references resolved, but also what is
    only one Text-node child of the element-node becomes several nodes (When I
    have character references)

    When googeling I see posts describing the opposite problem... Is it a
    question about parser-options.

    On the DOM-side, this is C++ with Arabica wrapping MSXML, it doesn't seem to
    have the "GetData", of the Java oriented DOM, Xerces seems to have something
    like GetTextValue which I don't seem to have. ...IS it just a feature
    missing in Arabica, or should I do it some other way?

    Can I solve it by diving down to MSXML?

    Thanks

    Olav

    Thanks

    Olav

    Olav, Aug 11, 2004

  2. Olav wrote:

    > I have an element that looks like this:
    >
    > <PhoneNumber>&lt;NUMBER&gt;</PhoneNumber>
    >
    > I would like to have the content returned as "<NUMBER>".
    >
    > Not only don't I get the character references resolved, but also what is
    > only one Text-node child of the element-node becomes several nodes (When I
    > have character references)
    >
    > When googeling I see posts describing the opposite problem... Is it a
    > question about parser-options.
    >
    > On the DOM-side, this is C++ with Arabica wrapping MSXML, it doesn't seem to
    > have the "GetData", of the Java oriented DOM, Xerces seems to have something
    > like GetTextValue which I don't seem to have. ...IS it just a feature
    > missing in Arabica, or should I do it some other way?
    >
    > Can I solve it by diving down to MSXML?

    MSXML has a property named text for element nodes that should give you
    the text you are looking for.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/