Resolving element content text with character references - C++/Arabica

Discussion in 'XML' started by Olav, Aug 11, 2004.

  1. Olav

    Olav Guest

    Resolving character references with C++/Arabica

    I have an element that looks like this:

    <PhoneNumber>&lt;NUMBER&gt;</PhoneNumber>

    I would like to have the content returned as "<NUMBER>".

    Not only don't I get the character references resolved, but also what
    is only one Text-node child of the element-node becomes several nodes
    (When I have character references)

    When googeling I see posts describing the opposite problem...
    Is it a question about parser-options.

    On the DOM-side, this is C++ Arabica, it doesn't seem to have the
    "GetData", of the Java oriented DOM, Xerces seems to have something
    like GetTextValue which I don't seem to have.
    ....IS it just a feature missing in Arabica, or should I do it some
    other way?

    Thanks
    Olav

    Olav, Aug 11, 2004