Resolving field relationships

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Lorenzo Bolognini, Sep 30, 2003.

  1. Hi all,

    I'm trying to build a sort of datagrid control by which i wish to
    edit/delete/update data in a table.

    Since I'm using foreign-keys for normalizing data in the db I need, when I
    add or update data, to display those foreign-keys ID in a user-friendly
    manner such as a combobox with values = FK and visible text = Value of the
    description field in the related table. Is it enough clear 'till this point?

    So I need to detect if a field in a table is related to another field in
    another table (i seldom use self-joins, so maybe that would be a limit of my
    control but I don't care about that).

    Do I have to refer to the Recordset's object OpenSchema method or there's a
    better/simpler way to do it?

    Thank You,
    Lorenzo

    OT P.S (Off-topic post scriptum ;-) I'm italian and moving to London on Oct.
    14th to find some computer related work. Do you have any suggestions or
    advices on companies that work with MS technologies and might be interested
    in an ASP/MS Access (included all MS Access non database specific stuff such
    as Forms, VBA, Reports) developer with 2 years experience? I'm 26 years old.

    Lorenzo Bolognini, Sep 30, 2003