Resorces for UI Code Reuse for UltraWebGrid & DataGrid intensive apps

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Glenn Engelbart, Mar 2, 2004.

  1. I am trying to find out a way to get more code re-use & object orientation
    in the UI portion of my apps. (There already is plenty of both in the
    DataAccess & Business Logic portion of my apps. But the code behind in each
    aspx page is huge, often 1000 lines. My apps are heavilly data driven, like
    the old client server apps with tons of DataGrids. I use Infragistics
    UltraWebGrid as my primary server control. And on each page, the code is
    just different enough so I have a full set of code handling all the grid
    events on each page code behind.

    I have read many books, scoured the newsgroups, and the web, but have come
    up empty. The sample apps usually aren't DataGrid intensive. Infragistic's
    samples are as code behind heavy as my apps. Microsoft's sample apps are
    difficult to approach, and aren't really DataGrid intensive. One thought I
    have is to create a custom server control that inherits from the
    UltraWebGrid. Another thought is to pass the UltraWebGrid or pieces of the
    grid to reused methods. The problem is that even these pieces are heavy
    objects.

    Is there anything I can do to get smaller code behind files & more code
    reuse in my DataGrid intensive apps? Are there any good DataGrid intensive
    sample apps, or books I should be looking at?

    Much Appreciated,

    Glenn

    gengelbart at domain below
    www.ihsiq.com