'ResourcePool' is not supported on the current platform

Steve

Hi,

I'm having problems connecting to a SQL Server 2000 db from ASP dot
net project. I have a 'DAL' project which is used to connect to the
database after reading the connection string from an XML file. Using
the same DAL I can access the database from a Win Forms app I just
can't connect from my asp net app. I've recently reinstalled the
framework, version 1, and since I've done this the ResourcePool error
has occured. I've run regsvr32 against comsvcs.dll and oledb32.dll
and this hasn't made any difference.

My O/S is Win 2000 with sp3, I'm connecting to a SQL Server 2000 db
with sp3.

Has anyone got any suggestions

Thanks

Steve

David

Same thing happened to me - I fixed it by adding the ASPNET account to
my machine's local Administrators group.

This suggests that Resource Pooling interacts with permissions
somehow, but I dunno how/why.