    by that name. The entire project is called Enroll. What's VS talking
    about?

    Thanks!
    Tom wilson, Mar 29, 2005

  2. Tom wilson

    Tom wilson Guest

    Me again. I'm screwed with this, it's a massive asp.net application
    that is about as good as a doorstop at the moment.

    I've read around and there's something about the class name being
    different. There's a help file in VS that tells me to rename the
    resource files but from what to what? This error for example:

    Resources 'ADD.aspx.resx' and 'Compensation.aspx.resx' have the same
    manifest resource name 'Enroll.ThankYou.resources'.

    ADD is an aspx page. It has a .resx and and .vb. They all have the
    same name (i.e., this page does not reference Compensation.aspx.resx
    in any way). The class names in each .vb file are all unique and
    match the filenames.

    What's Enroll.ThankYou.resources? I can't find a file by that name
    anywhere.

    Please help, there's nothing on the web, nothing on MS's support site
    and I'm dead in the water.

    Thanks!!!
    Tom wilson, Mar 29, 2005

  3. Tom wilson

    Tom wilson Guest

    The solution:

    Close VS and reload the project.

    VS is buggy (IMO) in that when you copy and paste a webform in the
    solution explorer, VS neglects to rename the class name. That wasn't
    my problem, I saw that one and changed the class names right after I
    copied the file(s). The manifest error would occur when the project
    is built so I'm left there with 20+ manifest errors that won't go away
    (even though there's no duplicate class names).

    ....Until I exit VS and reload the project. Then they all disappear.

    Tom wilson, Mar 30, 2005