Resources in class library

WebDevHokie

Good day,

I have a class library that I am creating and I want to use a resource
file for each of the classes in the library. So I created a resource file
(DataAccessLayer.resx) for each class (done from the Visual Studio IDE) and
I then put the following code in my classes:

ResourceManager o_ResourceManager = new
ResourceManager("DataAccessLayer", Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly());

When I attempt to access any of the elements of the resource file, I get
a missing manifest error. Am I doing something fundamentally wrong here?
I've looked in several articles and I am following them except for the file
names.

Here is the error message:

"Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture (or
the neutral culture) in the given assembly. Make sure
"DataAccessLayer.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly
"DataAccessLayer.dll".

Any help is greatly appreciated!

WebDevHokie