Response as XML when VS2003 and VS2005 installed

mitul.shah

I just installed VS2005 and the 2.0 framework. One of my previous
ASP.NET applications is written in 2003 so I have both installed.

In the old application I am using the iTextSharp library to load a PDF
file in memory. My Response.ContentType is set to application/pdf but
it seems IIS is trying to serve up XML. This happens on almost any
ContentType and any content. I've tried a simple test to set
contenttype to 'plain/text' and write some text. IIS is treating the
response as XML instead of plain text in this case also. In fact, the
only content that works correctly is HTML.

This problem showed up after I installed VS2005.

Any ideas on what's wrong?

Guest

Is the web in IIS you're accessing using ASP.NET 1.1 or 2.0? It should be set
to 1.1, see the ASP.NET tab in INET Manager.

Jason Lind

mitul.shah

Luckily someone told me about that issue a few days ago, so I checked
to make sure. It is set to 1.1 instead of 2.0. I have worked around
the problem temporarily by setting the content disposition to
attachment (so I can see the results) but I'd like to stream the PDF
directly into the browser as I was able to do before.

Any more things to check?

Thanks!
Mitul