Response.Buffer on IIS 6.0

Vittorio Pavesi

Hello,
I'm experiencing bad performance migrating from IIS5 to IIS6 on a server
with identical Hardware configuration on some ASP pages.
I notice that setting response.buffer = true resolve my issue
Anybody can help me to understand ?
Thanks a lot

Vittorio

Vittorio Pavesi

I found the solution and I attach here:

There is a known performance issue of IIS6 when response.buffer. The
bug is actually in kernel http.sys(some ACKs are delayed during the
transmission) and has scheduled to fix in Windows 2003 Service Pack
1. Take a look at the following article, the symptom doesn't occur or
abates when buffer is on.

BUG: You notice that IIS 6.0 is slower than IIS 5.0 when you use the
WriteClient API to send data
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=840875

Vittorio